Our Project

The goal of this page is family. As my family continues to scatter in the wind, we need to find a connection once again. A few years ago, when the whole family lived in one house, we played a game. We made haiku about household items. We laughed. We "family-ed"......

This is my family. Sharing our days. Our experiences. In haiku. I challenge each to learn about traditional Japanese Haiku and English Haiku. Most important though, I challenge my family to share in syllables.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Family Quilts


My grandmothers quilts
Like magic when I was young
My first was so small.
I grew up today
Recalling the first blanket
My new one so big.
But only nineteen
So much life ahead of me
I am still so young.
Then I stop and think,
What will be when I am old?
Who will have this quilt?
When I'm finally grown
My challenges defeated
When I reach my peak,
Will I be able-
Would there be someone to give-
Will I pass them on?
Will I make them new?
Will they be sitting on shelves?
Or will old be loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment